Costly military miscalculations
· The destroyer canada goose coat 1000 bulbs coupons HMS Nottingham struck a rock off Lord Howe Island, Australia, in July after its helicopter dropped ashore a sick sailor. It is being piggybacked home by a Dutch recovery vessel at a cost of £12m.
· A multi-billion-pound upgrade of the RAF’s Nimrod aircraft has suffered a buy canada goose coat uk setback because the new wings authenitc canada goose outlet store in gta with discount price built by BAE Systems are the wrong size. BAE buy canada goose jacket usa had failed to take into account that the Nimrods burlington coat factory canada goose coat are individually designed and therefore each set of wings needs to be separately customised. Tests had can i wash my sale canada goose coat shown the wings needed to be strengthened around the engines.
· New Apache helicopters, costing £27m each, are being mothballed at a cost of £6m because there are not enough British pilots to fly them as a result of software problems with the simulator can i wash my canada goose jacket used in training. can you buy canada goose jacket online US trials have shown that the aircraft’s missiles can spit debris, hitting the helicopter’s rear rotor blades. A report said Apache canada goose coat 1000 calorie bariatric diet pilots would not be able to communicate securely with pilots of other types of aircraft.
· 66 Challenger 2 tanks were sent to Oman last year for a military exercise. As a result of the “fine dust thrown up by the tanks as they canada goose coat 1000 calorie manoeuvred in the desert”, their filters clogged up after just four hours. In the same exercise, Saif Sareea, which cost £90m, the AS90m self-propelled gun, to be used exclusively in Europe, was restricted to a 25km/h speed limit and could be moved only at night.
· In 1997 the SA80 rifle, once feted as the ultimate assault weapon, was suspended when soldiers complained the guns did not work in the heat. The rifles are being refitted at a cost of £90m.